If you’re British and have a television, hopefully you’ll have enough sense to be watching the Great British Bake Off
So let’s make this a little more fun… Introducing GBBO Drinking Game.
Grab a bottle of wine (or tesco value vodka, I’m not gonna judge) and a group of friends and hop to it.
(Alternatively, brew the kettle, make a huge teapot and grab a pack of biscuits..)
I’ve adapted some rules from here but since it’s last year’s, I’ve added a few of my own..
(Obviously drink responsibly blah blah you know the drill!)
On your marks, get set, BAKE
To start: Start drinking as soon as Sue and Mel appear on the screen, don’t stop until a pun/filthy innuendo/Paul Hollywood joke has been made.
Drink 1 finger every time…
- Richard has a pencil behind his ear
- Chetna is seen wearing bright trainers
- Kate mentions Brighton
- Mel and Sue make an innuendo
- Paul criticises a bake, with 2 more fingers if Mary follows with a tactful but backhanded compliment
- “Soggy Bottom”
- “Good bake”
- “I’ll give it another minute”
Drink 2 fingers every time…
- Chetna incorporates a unique blend of spices into a recipe
- Paul winks
- Paul masks a compliment as a criticism
- Mel and Sue steal food
- Mary gives a silent but clearly disappointed glance
Drink 3 fingers every time…
- Someone prays/sits in front of the oven
- Paul takes a power stance
- Nancy brings a tool her husband made
Down your drink every time…
- Someone adds the wrong ingredient
- Someone forgets to add an ingredient at all
- Someone bins a cake
- Panning shot of the countryside
And after this you’ll be forgiven for never wanting to see cake again (until next week…)
Share with your friends and spread the joy!